It’s back! The ladies at Osteohealth are very happy to announce that we are combining forces with Peta Stewart to bring you the Osteohealth/Peta Stewart Conveyancing Women’s Ride.
Has your bike got cobwebs? Possibly not “roadworthy”? Never fear, our friends at Cycle Station will be on site on the day of the ride for last minute “roadworthy’s”. We do however urge all participants to get into their store prior to the event to ensure your bike is ready to go. Get in touch to book your service now: http://www.cyclestationalbury.com.au/contact/
This year we are offering 3 ride options and we are confident that in doing this all levels are catered for:
- 10 km bike path ride: Starting at Riverdeck Cafe and cycling on the bike path towards the Wonga Wetlands.
- 25km road ride: Starting at Riverdeck Cafe, the ride will go across Edben Street, down Kiewa and cross over onto Willowbank road. The ride will then go through Mungabareena reserve out into Thurgoona. We will then loop back through North Albury/Lavington and arrive back at our starting point.
- 50km road ride: This ride will go through Mungabareena Reserve, out onto the Riverina Hwy, we will cross the Hume Weir wall and do a circuit back into Albury to the Riverdeck Cafe.
So why ride?
- It’s low impact: Riding causes less strain and injuries than most other forms of exercise.
- A good muscle workout: Cycling uses all of the major muscle groups as you pedal.
- Easy: Unlike some other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skill. Most people know how to ride a bike and once you learn, you don’t forget.
- Good for strength and stamina: Cycling increases stamina, strength and aerobic fitness.
- As intense as you want: Cycling can be done at very low intensity to begin with if recovering from injury or illness, but can be built up to a demanding physical workout.
- A fun way to get fit: The adventure and buzz you get from coasting down hills and being outdoors means you are more likely to continue to cycle regularly, compared to other physical activities that keep you indoors or require special times or places.
- Time efficient: As a mode of transport, cycling replaces sedentary (sitting) time spent driving motor vehicles or using trams, trains or buses with healthy exercise.
Why join US on Sunday 26th March?
It will be fun! This is a great opportunity to meet new like-minded women or re-acquaint with old like-minded women! You can escape the children and husband for a morning and enjoy good coffee before and after the ride in one of Albury’s most beautiful locations. This is a great opportunity to learn some new bunch riding and cycling skills in a relaxed environment. Our ride is designed to cater for all (women that is!). From the beginner, who may be reading this and feeling a little anxious, to the experienced cyclist who chooses to don the lycra and ride again in the afternoon.
What you need to bring:
- $$ for coffee/cake
- A drink bottle
- A functional bike! If yours isn’t yet functional and requires some TLC, get in touch with our supporters: http://www.cyclestationalbury.com.au/contact/
- A helmet
- A friend!
Sign up now ladies, it’s free! We look forward to seeing you there!
-Ladies of Osteohealth